Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Race
Noun: race reys
- Any competition
"the race for the presidency"
- A contest of speed
"the race is to the swift"
- People who are believed to belong to the same genetic stock
"some biologists doubt that there are important genetic differences between races of human beings"
- (biology) a taxonomic group that is a division of a species; usually arises as a consequence of geographical isolation within a species
- The flow of air that is driven backwards by an aircraft propeller
- slipstream, airstream, backwash, wash
- A canal for a current of water
- Move fast
"The cars raced down the street";
- rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie [archaic], speed, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along, step on it, travel rapidly, hurry, zip
- Compete in a race
"let's race and see who gets there first";
- To work as fast as possible towards a goal, sometimes in competition with others
"We are racing to find a cure for AIDS"
- Cause to move fast or to rush or race
"The psychologist raced the rats through a long maze";
Possible misspellings and typos for the word race